If you like artichoke spinach dip, you will love this recipe. It’s the same old good spinach artichoke tip in yummy crunchy filo shell. Whenever I show up on the party with these bites they get lot of attention. I mean look at them. They look good, they taste good and they are great finger food.
I talked about filo dough before here and if you feel intimidated by working with filo dough, you definitely don’t have to. You start by preparing the artichoke spinach mixture. Roughly chop spinach and artichokes.
Combine with Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside and let’s play with filo dough.
I unroll the dough, cut it into about 5×5 inch squares and start piling up the layers. On the picture below you might see two things: 1. My squares are actually rectangles 🙂 (I know, bummer, but it still works just fine and on the end you can’t tell) 2. you separate the dough into layers of 2 or three sheets (in each square) and pile 3 of those on top of each other.
I hope you’ll enjoy.
Spinach Artichoke Bites
- Filo dough (you will only use half of the package)
- 4 cups spinach
- 14 oz can artichokes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz sour cream
- 4 oz mayo
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- If your filo dough comes frozen, take it out of the freezer and let sit for about 2 hours in room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F, spray two tiny muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Chop the artichokes and spinach and mix with garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Unroll the dough, cut it lengthwise into 3 strips. Cut each strip so you gent even sized squares. Separate layers of dough, about 2-3 at the time.
- Pile about 3 squares of separated layers one on top each other (see pictures above) and push into muffin pan holes.
- Once you are finished with all your dough, spray well the shells with cooking spray.
- Spoon artichoke spinach mixture evenly into all filo shells.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Total cost $9.32
recipe by SweetAndSourChef.com
Things used and loved in this recipe: